What is Positive Discipline?
Based on the work of Jane Nelson and Lynn Lott, Positive Discipline teaches parents how to use non-punitive tools to create a respectful and loving relationship with their children. By attending a Positive Discipline course, you will learn how to:
- Disengage from power struggles with your child using a multitude of Positive Discipline tools
- Set clear boundaries and follow through
- Use feeling encourager statements rather than feeling stoppers
- Invite your child to self calm rather than be sent to time out
- Celebrate your child’s mistakes as learning opportunities for valuable life skills
- Use encouragement instead of praise to give your child a strong sense of internal motivation
- Create fun routine charts for morning and evening schedules
- Set up effective family meetings to engage discussion and negotiation over important issues
How is the course taught?
The best way to learn Positive Discipline tools is to actually experience them for yourself, as a child. So we do a lot of activities, where participants learn first hand what its like to be on the receiving end of some common parenting techniques and then experience the difference using a Positive Discipline one. All participants receive a course manual as well as a set of Positive Discipline tool cards.
Where is the course taught?
Montessori East school
8 Wellington St
Bondi (Google map ref)
How much is the course?
$220 per participant. Participant’s partner can attend for an extra $80 (share work material)